Tomato Carrot Ginger Turmeric Juice
One of life’s simple pleasures is a juicy bite of ripe homegrown tomato. Yellow tomatoes often taste milder and are less acidic than red tomatoes. Keep this recipe on hand for a late summer detox when yellow tomatoes are in season.
Place all of the ingredients in a high speed blender and purée until smooth, 1 to 2 minutes. Strain juice through a wire mesh strainer. Discard the solids. Chill before serving.
- 4 pounds yellow ripe tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 3 yellow carrots, coarsely chopped
- a 1″ piece of ginger, peeled
- a 2″ piece of fresh turmeric, scrubbed
- 2 tsp pink Himalayan sea salt
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice