Watermelon Radish Salad
R is for ravishing red radishes, thinly sliced. Colorful and elegant, watermelon radishes are a dream come true when entertaining. Besides coming in a cute, rounded package with gorgeous color, these guys have a tasty flavor to boot! My favorite way to serve watermelon radishes are as a veggie carpaccio on a round platter (embracing the circle), and garnished with black sea salt. Incredibly easy and guaranteed to impress! In today’s peppery salad, thin slices of watermelon radish brighten an arugula salad topped with a lemony cashew dressing. R you with me?
Make the lemon cashew vinaigrette – Place all of the vinaigrette ingredients in a high-speed blender. Purée until smooth. If the vinaigrette is too thick, add a bit more orange juice or water.
Assemble the salad – Place the arugula and greens in a large bowl. Add 3-4 tbsp of dressing and toss to combine. Divide the arugula and greens between 4 large salad bowls. Top with the radishes, endive, Violife Feta cubes, toasted walnuts, and chives. Serve with a crusty baguette.
CITRUS CASHEW VINAIGRETTE
- ½ cup raw cashews
- ⅓ cup freshly squeezed orange juice – I used a Sumo Orange
- the zest and juice from 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp agave nectar
- 1 tsp dijon
- 1 medium garlic clove
- ½ tsp salt
- freshly ground pepper to taste
WATERMELON RADISH SALAD
- 3 oz organic baby arugula
- 2 oz organic mixed greens
- 1 watermelon radish, sliced very thin on a mandolin, then cut in half
- 1 endive, julienned
- 4 oz Violife Just Like Feta, cut into cubes
- 2 tbsp toasted walnuts, chopped
- 2 tbsp snipped chives
- a baguette, torn into chunks