Dolce Stuffed Green Olives
At a recent dinner party, my host served a Moroccan feast. One of the mezze was a delicious marinated sweet olive. I was inspired to replicate those flavors in a stuffed olive. These stuffed olives are simple and quick to make. Make your own cashew cheese or buy one at your local store. I like Heidi Ho black lava cashew cheese. These olives are perfect for your next martini.
Place the cashew cheese, golden raisins, cranberries and marcona olives in a small bowl. Mix well.
Spoon the cheese mixture into pastry bag fitted with a small star tip. Pipe the cheese mixture into each olive until filled. Set aside.
Mix the marinade ingredients into a medium bowl. Stir to combine. Taste and adjust salt and pepper, if necessary. Add the olives and gently toss to combine. Let marinate for a few hours before serving.
makes 16 oz
- 2 cups pitted Mt Athos green olives, drained
- 6 oz cashew cheese
- 2 tbsp golden raisins, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp dried cranberries, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp marcona almonds, finely chopped
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp finely chopped parsley
- 2 tsp finely chopped rosemary
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp freshly grated orange zest
- 1 tsp pink himalayan salt
- black pepper to taste