Cooling and refreshing, cucumbers have antioxidant and anti-in ammatory properties.
They belong to the same botanical family as melons, and are naturals together. Avocado makes the soup creamy. This gazpacho is perfect on a hot summer day.
In blender or food processor, combine coarsely chopped cucum- ber, avocados, poblano, spinach, parsley, scallions, garlic, bread, apple cider vinegar and maple syrup and process until smooth, about 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper to taste, then trans- fer to large airtight container and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Fold honeydew into soup. Divide evenly among six bowls. Garnish with a drizzle of avocado oil, some mint leaves and breadcrumbs. Serve immediately.
- 4 mini Persian cucumbers, coarsely chopped
- 2 avocados
- 1 poblano pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup lightly packed baby spinach leaves
- 1⁄2 cup chopped parsley
- 2 scallions, white and green parts, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 slices bread, toasted
- 1 tbsp apple cider wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- salt and black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup honeydew melon cut into small dice
- avocado oil
- spearmint leaves
- lemon breadcrumbs, page TK