Caramelized Shallot Bruschetta with Ricotta and Roasted Cherries
Bruschetta is an Italian antipasto and a wonderful way to start a meal. Make the shallots and cherries the day before you want to serve these and the recipe will come together in less than 15 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 400˚
Heat 1 tbsp of avocado oil in a 12″ skillet. Add half of the shallots and cook, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes until golden brown. Transfer to a bowl and repeat with the remaining shallots. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
In a medium mixing bowl toss the pitted cherries with the coconut sugar, bourbon and salt. Pour onto a 12″ x 18″ baking tray lined with parchment paper. Roast for 25 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through, until tender. Let cool.
Toast both sides of baguette slices on a baking sheet until golder brown. Rub cut side of garlic on each toasted slice.
To serve – Spread 1-2 tbsp of ricotta on each slice. Top each slice with some roasted cherries and caramelized onions. Garnish with chopped chives and a pinch of apple cider vinegar powder.
- 2 pounds fresh shallots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ pink Himalayan sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 12 oz dark sweet cherries, pitted and cut in half
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- 3 tbsp bourbon, such as Buffalo Trace Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
- ¼ tsp pink Himalayan sea salt
- 14 oz firm tofu
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tbsp tapioca starch
- ½ tsp lactic acid
- ½ tsp pink Himalayan sea salt
- 1 baguette, sliced on a diagonal
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled, cut in half
- 2 tbsp chopped chives
- apple cider vinegar powder